After two years of Zoom calls and remote collaboration, the uPerform team convened for its 2022 Company Summit on April 5. Employees from all around the world gathered to celebrate their individual and team accomplishments, exchange ideas and share their vision for the future of uPerform as it undergoes a rebranding, expands its footprint in the healthcare industry and commits to social and environmental initiatives.
The theme for the summit was #strongertogether, a nod to the importance of teamwork and a recognition of the positive impact that collaboration has on our organizational, social, and environmental goals. uPerform was also honored to welcome a few new members to the team:
Liz joins the uPerform team as the Director of EHR Education. As a former member of KLAS Arch Collaborative, Liz brings a wealth of knowledge about, and a passion for, data-driven strategies for improving EHR satisfaction. Her role will be dedicated to helping uPerform tailor its products, services and outreach efforts to better support healthcare systems in their efforts to improve EHR satisfaction and utilization.
Sascha rejoins the uPerform team as a Senior Product Specialist for our international customers. Sascha shares a deep understanding of the uPerform product with clients and ensures they are trained and versed in how to get the most out of their uPerform license.
To kick off the summit, uPerform welcomed guest speaker and newly appointed healthcare advisor to uPerform, Dr. David K. Butler, who shared a history of how technology has shaped, and continues to shape, the healthcare landscape. He shared his vision for where he thinks U.S. healthcare is going and how uPerform can help physicians navigate future changes and challenges.
Another focus area of the summit was uPerform’s commitment to social and environmental initiatives. While uPerform is still exploring ways to honor this commitment, it laid the foundation with multiple actionable steps the company is taking in 2022, including:
- Partnering with the National Forest Foundation to plant 100 trees for every new contract signed in 2022
- Joining the MD Green Registry
- Providing employees with additional time off for environmental volunteer activities
- Eliminating the use of single-use plastic food and beverage utensils, containers, etc. in the office and at company events
- Expanding the in-office recycling program
- Transitioning to paper-free documentation and record keeping whenever possible
- Committing to a permanent hybrid work schedule, reducing our company-wide impact on traffic congestion and vehicle emissions
- Transferring to a colocation center for data storage and server hosting, reducing water usage and overall carbon footprint
To round out the summit and establish a meaningful connection between teamwork, community and social impact, the uPerform team participated in a Rise Against Hunger meal packaging program. uPerform employees worked together to package 10,000 meals for food insecure people and communities around the world.
As uPerform looks to its future, we are excited to continue our commitment to healthcare systems and our communities beyond the workplace. We understand that to be fit for the future, we must focus our commitments on supporting our clients, recognizing individual and team contributions and making a positive impact in our global communities. In doing so, we know that we are #strongertogether.